Who we are
Established in August 2006 we are specialist physicians and nurse advisors trained in Occupational Medicine and experienced in health issues in the workplace.
Business Medical is focused on providing high quality occupational health services to a variety of organisations. Our aim is to provide a dependable, quality and personal service tailored to individual client business needs, in line with good occupational health practices and current health and safety legislation. We use innovative secure web based information systems to:
- To speed up turnaround time between seeing employees and providing management reports
- To protect confidentiality of information
- To ensure a reliable delivery of service
Why use Business Medical Limited?
We are accredited professional specialists with the knowledge and expertise in occupational health to provide you with the advice that you need.
Using our advice on your employees’ health and fitness, you can then make sound decisions about the employees in your workplace.
We will provide you with a dependable, quality and personal service according to your company needs.
Where we operate from
We can see your employees at your company (if there is suitable office accommodation) to reduce time of the employees away from the workplace. This also means that it is possible for us to meet and talk to the managers and see workplace problems at first hand. Or we can see employees at our office base in Dunfermline.
What is Occupational Health
A specialist branch of medicine dealing with health and employment issues:–
How an individual’s health affects their ability to work, or their ability to perform certain tasks
How work can have an adverse effect on employees’ health
How to prevent and control ill-health in the workplace
Why do you need occupational health advice?
You, as an employer have a legal duty to protect employees’ health and safety. Avoiding your health and safety legal responsibilities will cost your business time and money in litigation or even result in prosecution. You may not be aware of the details of these responsibilities, and how to comply with legislation. We can help you to do this by giving you expert, appropriate and timely advice on health issues relating to work.
Benefits of Occupational Health to your business:
- We can help you to comply with your health responsibilities to your employees under legislation
- Improving your employees’ health at work, especially with leaner companies where reduction of lost time from sickness or accidents is crucial
- Improving the rehabilitation and return to work of your employees who are on sickness absence
- Enhance the company image and relations with employees
- Helping you recruit people who are fit for the job
- Helping to retain staff, reduce staff turnover and therefore the cost of recruiting and training new staff
- Reduce claims for compensation from accidents or ill-health from work related issues
- Reduce increases in Employer’s Liability Insurance Premiums because of occupational health involvement
The purchase of occupational health support can be claimed against tax. We can provide advice on these issues.